Saturday, March 21, 2009

Taking Dawn

Taking Dawn(7th Son)


I would like to introduce myself. My name is Matthew, I am 20 years old, a college student, and a huge fan of heavy metal/hard rock. Don’t be scared I listen to just about everything including those genres metal hates!! IE: Rap and Country! I love music, listening and playing it. I play guitar and I do vocals. I’m not very good at either but I am learning and hey that’s all that matters, right?

I want to introduce you to a band I found on Myspace a few years ago. Back then they were called 7th Son. They recently signed a record contract with Roadrunner Records (USA). They went on their first tour with Trivium.

Taking Dawn is:

Christopher Babbitt
Lead Singer/Lead Guitar

Mikey Cross
Lead Guitar /Backup Singer

Alan Doucette
Drummer/Backup Singer

Andrew Cushing
Bassist/Backup Singer

The guitar work of Babbit and Cross is what really got me interested in Taking Dawn. Total fucking shredders. Some of the best guitar work from an underground band I have heard in years! I was blown away when I heard Babbits vocal ability then I heard the melodic guitar solos ala Iron Maiden I was hooked. The thunderous bass work of Alan Doucette is amazing. Taking Dawn is one of those bands that I could see getting on the radio but still being metal.

They’re a nice combination of modern hard rock but combining the throwback elements of soaring chorus’s, galloping riffs, melodic solos, and anthemic songs.

If you like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, KISS, or even modern bands like Trivium and Avenged Sevenfold then you should at least give Taking Dawn a try!

No comments: